BOARD OF MINSTRY ENDS POLICY
for the State Administrator
for the State Administrator
PRIMARY ENDS STATEMENT
The Texas General Assembly of the Church of God exists as an association of recognized ministers serving the kingdom of God through congregations and ministries affiliated with the Church of God (Anderson, IN). The association seeks to enhance the skills and efforts of ministers and congregations working in their localities, while providing adequate guidance and legal accountability. Our goal is to see congregations grow while improving their cities, as we live out the present realities of the kingdom of God as the Church of God.
E.1: The TGA exists to oversee and facilitate a process to develop leadership character and skills necessary for ministry in the local church.
1. Paid Staff of congregations are provided training and enrichment opportunities so that they in turn will be better equipped to equip others for the work of ministry.
2. Nonpaid Staff of congregations are provided training and enrichment opportunities so that they in turn will be better equipped to equip others for the work of ministry.
3. Board Leadership congregations are provided training and enrichment opportunities so that they in turn will be better equipped to work alongside paid and unpaid staff of their congregation as they endeavor together in the work of ministry.
4. Opportunities to deepen and expand knowledge and application of Church of God theological distinctions will be provided on a regional and local level to further deepen the heritage and connection of the local congregation with the greater movement.
E.2: The TGA exists to support the efforts of multiplying disciples through the local church to include revitalization, renewals, and new church starts.
1. Training is offered to congregations as it relates personal discipleship and disciplemaking.
2. A Church Planting Process is developed, maintained, and implemented.
3. Avenues for renewal assistance and direction for established congregations are offered and continually improved.
4. Aide is offered to a congregation to leave a legacy at the end of their life cycle as it becomes necessary to close a ministry or congregation.
E.3: The TGA exists to maintain legal and organizational standing of the Assembly in accordance with laws of Texas and the US.
1. Keeping and maintenance of records including financials, minutes of meetings, and other legally binding documents.
2. Oversight and facilitation of a process for issuing and maintaining credentialed ministers and congregations in accordance with the Credentials Manual of the Church of God with general offices in Anderson, Indiana.
a) Systems to be credentialed
b) Maintain credential records as dictated by best-practice standards
c) Systems for the discipline of credentialed persons or bodies
d) Restoration of ministers and congregations
e) Congregational legal and ethical standard
3. Oversight and accountability will be given to The Texas Revolving Loan (TRLF) in accordance with TRLF’s charter.
4. Stewarding gifts, including real property, from individuals or organizations for the overall best use of TGA stated purposes.
E.4: The TGA exists to maintain and develop partnerships with our wider affiliations both inside and outside of the Church of God.
1. Working with the wider Church of God, nationally and internationally, to further our common mission.
2. Working cross-culturally within Texas to further our common mission.
3. Developing strategic partnership with organizations outside of Church of God in alignment with
Governance Policy: Moral Owners of this policy constitute the duly recognized ordained, licensed, and commissioned ministers of the Church of God (Anderson, IN) registered with TGA.
Primary restraint: the purpose of the BOM, on behalf of the Assembly, is to establish and achieve the desired results of the ends policy within Staff Limitations.
Adopted: November 2015